Effective decision making requires an understanding of both the capabilities of the organisation and the external market or context in which it operates - IBP's combination of strategic insight and robust research is exactly what is needed to help organisations address projects such as:
- Strategic reviews and planning
- Options Appraisals
- Feasibility studies
- Forward-looking evaluations
Some examples of our work
- "Experiencing Scotland": a study of Scottish food and drink provision at a range of tourist touch points across Scotland that demonstrated the potential for volume and value uplifts when a quality Scottish branding position was adopted.
- Reviews of various community health projects for South East Glasgow Community Health and Care Partnership, helping each individual organisation to develop its own strategy and identifying opportunities for collaborative working.
- Contribution to a feasibility study for the continuation and development of a Cafe Training Project at the Broomhouse Centre in Edinburgh; lottery funding was sourced to allow the project to continue to help people who are distant from the labour market.
- Development of a community engagement strategy for East Dunbartonshire Community Planning Partnership.
- Development of a handbook on Strategic Marketing for local bakery businesses on behalf of the Scottish Association of Master Bakers.
- Development of "Advancing Engineering", a global marketing strategy for the UK's advanced engineering sector. This assignment was funded by UK Trade and Investment but also involved extensive partner and stakeholder input.
- A full-scale strategic review of Edinburgh University Students Association. Along with a parallel Management Review that we conducted, this helped the organisation to agree a strategy to develop both its commercial and non-commercial services successfully in the context of an increasingly competitive environment.
- An Options Appraisal of the future of four student bodies at Glasgow University, which sought to cost effectively maintain the range of benefits brought by these bodies to the student community.
The above is, of course, only a small selection of the strategic development assignments that we have undertaken and we are always happy to discuss your specific requirements, without obligation.